Saturday 20 December 2014

Camino Part 2

I have started planning for my next trip & I am already excited! The plan is to walk from Estella - Belorado in March with my friend David King. Including a 10km detour off the main Camino to the Unesco World Heritage sites of the two monasteries at San Millan de la Cogolla, we should walk a total of about 145km.

In preparation I have bought myself a few additional items from Decathlon:

  • Pair of grey Quechua trousers, which like my craghopper ones have the option of unzipping the lower legs to turn them into shorts (On the last walk someone advised me to only take one pair of trousers but by the end of the week I found they began to smell!)


  • Quechua Forclaz Light 15c 185cm/6'1" sleeping bag as I don't think me silk liner will be warm enough in the albergues in March.


  • Camping First Aid Kit.


  • Quechua Arpenaz 25l 157cm - 190cm rain poncho as I had a rucksack rain cover and a raincoat but found the rain down between my back and the rucksack and the rucksack still got damp.







No comments:

Post a Comment